- Arend, Anthony. Legal Rules and International Society. New York: Oxford University Press, 1999.
- Arend, Anthony, Robert J. Beck, & Robert D. van der Lugt. International Rules: Approaches from International Law and International Relations. New York: Oxford University Press, 1996.
- Arend, Anthony, and Robert J. Beck. International Law and the Use of Force: Beyond the United Nations Charter Paradigm. London: Routledge, 1993.
- Arend, Anthony. Pursuing a Just and Durable Peace: John Foster Dulles and International Organization. Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press, 1988.
- Anthony Clark Arend, ed. The United States and the Cumpulsory Jurisdiction of the International Court of Justice. Lanham: University Press of America, 1986.
- Alberto R. Coll & Anthony C. Arend, ed. The Falklands War: Lessons for Strategy, Diplomacy, and International Law. London: Allen & Unwin, 1985.
Articles in journals (selected)
- Anthony Clark Arend. “Who’s Afraid of the Geneva Conventions? Treaty Interpretation in the Wake of Hamdan v. Rumsfeld. “ American University International Law Review 22 (2007): 709.
- Sarah Elizabeth Kreps and Anthony Clark Arend. “Why States Follow the Rules: Toward a Positional Theory of Adherence to International Legal Regimes.” Duke Journal of Comparative & International Law 16 (2006): 331.
- Anthony Clark Arend. “International Law and the Preemptive Use of Force.” The Washington Quarterly 26.2 (2003): 89-103.
- Anthony Clark Arend. “International Law and Rogue States: The Failure of the Charter Framework.” New England Law Review 36 (2002).
- Anthony Clark Arend and Catherine B. Lotrionte. “Congress Goes to Court: The Past, Present, and Future of Legislator Standing.” Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy 25 (2001).
- Christopher C. Joyner and Anthony Clark Arend. ““Anticipatory Humanitarian Intervention: An Emerging Legal Norm?.” Journal of Legal Studies 10 (1999).
- Anthony Clark Arend. “Do Legal Rules Matter? International Law and International Politics.” Virginia Journal of International Law 38 (1998).